Thread: Parlay Betting
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeout
Did they?

I was pissed that I didn't cut it up into $20 increments when I made it but I expected each horse to go off at 5-1 so I wasn't worried about it.

I went to Santa Anita and decided to put the tickets in a machine and then make $50 4 horse tri boxes and then cancel them so I could break up the 50k plus into smaller amounts. At least that was the plan.

When I put the win parlay ticket into the machine it went nuts and started beeping and code 52 (or some number) came on the screen. The last thing I wanted was to draw attention to myself but I let out a loud oh F*** when it started beeping and that made it worse. I tried to get the ticket back but couldn't. The attendant came over and said he had never seen that code before and didn't know what was going on so he had to call the mutuel department downstairs. The mutuel guy came up and asked me what the ticket was worth and when I told him he said that the amount was the problem and I would have to give him the ticket so he could go downstairs and straighten it out. Then I let out another F me and I asked to see his ID to make sure he worked there and asked for his phone number so I could find him if he decided to take off with the ticket. I fully expected to have to sign something but when the guy came back (I called him at least 5 times) about a half hour later he gave me 50 or 54 $1000 vouchers and I didn't have to sign a thing. I put them 5 at a time in the machine and cashed them out into 5k voucher increments and put them in my pocket. After every couple of races I would cash one but I still went home with about 30k in vouchers (it's a problem to carry that much cash at one time). I used them and cashed them over the next few weeks.

Last edited by andymays; 07-28-2009 at 09:07 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement