Thread: Parlay Betting
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryesteve
Of course he did... it was all your money in the pool

But to answer the original poster, I think it's a poor bet. From a money management standpoint, it'd be very hard to justify the bet size of the 2nd wager.

If you want this kind of action, bet cold doubles. Sure, you're restricted to consecutive races, but the return is almost always significantly better than a parlay, which further reinforces the reasons not to play parlays in the first place.

The difference between a parlay and a double or pick 3 or 4 is that you can select the Horses you really like instead of spreading in the races you don't like. If your best bets are in the 2nd Race and the 8th Race then do the parlay. If they are in consecutive races and the pools are OK then the double is probably better. You can do it from Track to Track if you parlay yourself.

When I would go to Tijuana and they were booking the bets I would usually do a 4 horse win and place round robin (series of 2 horse parlays)! They could all be at one Track or at 4 Tracks down there.

The other thing about a parly is no IRS signups. Sometimes it's quite a bit of fun to parlay 6 horses for $10 or $20. Some to place, some to show, maybe 1 to win. It adds up!

Last edited by andymays; 07-28-2009 at 08:27 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)