Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Purse Money
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
JustMissed

Nice Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
I think that part of that has to do with him having so many horses and not being able to give every horse the personal attention that someone with fewer horses is able to do. He also sometimes runs horses out of their element. If you watch long enough, you will see him running sprinters long, routers short, etc. There are times that he find a condition that fits a horse, and goes with it from there. If it is a 5000N2L animal, he will find one whether it is going short or long. I assume with 100+ horses, and coupled entries not allowed, it is just a way for him to make sure that his horses aren't sitting around too long between races.
I can't imagine working that many horses. It must be a full time job just keeping up with the condition book, not to mention buying & claiming and selling and taking on clients horses.

My hat is off to the man and I hope someone will do a movie about him someday.

JM
JustMissed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement