Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:59 PM   #340
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
How about checks and balances?
You know....in the closely fought areas?

A representative from each party with delegates.
Make sure the ballots are legit.
It's not rocket science, after all.
Yes, it is rocket science.
It is good idea.....BUT, it is NOWHERE near ready for prime time.
HOW do you make sure the ballots are legit?
Are ballots sent out so that each SS number gets only one ballot, no ballots not associated to a number? When the ballot is receive, how is it verified to be from THAT voter and not someone else?

Where is the SCIENCE you lefties are always screaming about?
Have there been pilot runs of the mail in system?

Yes, they have, and with TERRIBLE results, ie, New Jersey - failed!

The Post Office is warning that THEY cannot handle the expected surge in volume.,.,....I would say for MAIL ballots, having the post office on board would be nice, right? Not important Why they can't, but how do they get able in 90 days? KEY FACTOR.

horsey, this is one thing we agree on, but it is just not an easy project and to launch it now would be disastrous for the election. It is unproven technology in any volume at this point.

Al himself said that in NJ, 40 year old computers were not able to handle a simple thing like print out stimulus checks a few months ago....believe me, I spent my entire working life attending to the mistakes that "simple processes" generated.
A few years ago, guess what the #1 quality problem GM as a whole was facing, costing them literally MILLIONS of dollars a year? Mislabeled boxes of parts. I went to a meeting there with literally hundreds of together suppliers to spend an entire DAY discussing why no one could put the right label on a box of part when they are made. Simple thing, costs millions of $$$ when it gets done wrong.

One thing I have learned in my life - it is ALL rocket science.

Last edited by Tom; 08-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)