Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I live in a retirement community in central Florida of about 100k people, one of the largest such communities in the country. So far, no one here has tested positive , in fact, in Marion county and Sumter county(with a population total of about 450k) , where most of the community resides, there have been no positives yet. One positive in Lake county, another county where The Villages resides, had one positive yesterday by a woman, in her 60s, which is reported to be “travel-related.”

As of today, there are 131 cases in Florida with five deaths. Most of those are near Orlando and Miami, where most of the visitors go. Roughly 125 million out-of-state visitors come to Florida each year. Yes you read that number correctly .

Worship services on Sunday have been cancelled. Also, Wednesday meetings of the Classical Music club, which meets in one of the community’s recreation centers, have been cancelled. Besides those, my life has been affected very little so far. We rarely eat out at restaurants, so no problem there. We usually go to Starbucks a couple times a month, so that’s out. Went to the supermarket this morning. A lot of the shelves were empty but nothing we needed. Fortunately, my wife stocked up on paper towels/tissues before all this hit the fan.

Golf is a religion here, fortunately no golf courses or tennis clubs have been shut down or plan to. I usually play golf two times a week and tennis two times a week, no change there. The only difference with golfing is that people are now allowed to drive their own golf carts, normally, foursomes were only allowed two carts.

As I mentioned in another thread, we got back from a Caribbean cruise on March 1st , so there’s no great urge to travel again in the near future. Only trips that we have planned are for the summer. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)