Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

G1 Woodward Stakes 9/1/18

While it may not be the most impressive Woodward, it is full of 14 legitimate contenders. This is one tough hombre.

Yoshida: Has never ran on dirt, but he has beat some of the very best turf horses in the states. Still only a 4YO, and we all saw Catholic Boy do the same thing and romp at this very track. A must consideration.

Imperative: Looked like a one time serious contender in the elder ranks. Now, as an 8YO, he is tough take as a serious contender. He could clunk up for a Super. Hard to see anything better than that.

Patch: "We're gonna take the old one eye to the optometrist". Reality for this entry is that as a 4YO he simply hasn't gotten better, and maybe has even regressed. Even if he runs a career best, he still isn't good enough.

Tapwrit: Another 4YO that hasn't progressed much. His Suburban wasn't awful, but he still got beat by nearly 10 lengths. I gave him a shot last out, and thus have to take a hard pass this time.

Hence: Has never beat anybody of note. Ever. Complete toss.

Term Of Art: Improving 4YO has basically ran everywhere in the states. His last two with Cox training are pretty damn good. This is an improving horse at what could be a monster price.

Kurilov: 14 for 18 in the money with 7 wins. This guy likes to win. Still not sure he is good enough here to beat these.

Discreet Lover: Only one win this year and is 0 for 4 at 'Toga. Runs a lot of good races, that just aren't ever enough. Exotics bound.

Gunnevera: OK, let me preface that Gunny was my Derby horse last year. He is undoubtedly as good as any in this field and is fresh. Not sure he should be the favorite, but he may well be. He is a must include on any ticket for me.

Seeking the Soul: He and Gunny should battle for favoritism. This is a dangerous horse that can run a monster. His last 4 races are as good as any in the field. Rolls in off a bullet work, and has to get deserved respect.

Leofric: 11(6-1-2). Tactical horse that can run any way you want. If you are looking for a shot, look no further. This horse can run.

Sunny Ridge: A 5YO that is getting better. Hasn't beaten much yet, but I wouldn't put it past him to be in the mix late in this one. Not without a chance and gets Irad on board.

Zanotti: 0 for '18 with 5 seconds against lessers. This guy doesn't like or want to win. Solid exotics play for Tris and Supers.

Rally Cry: Last year's runner up returns, and certainly isn't in any kind of form like last year. 2nd race of the year. Should be fresh, and Pletcher is always dangerous. Smith/Pletcher, and you could get 25/1.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 08-31-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)