Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
NYRA announcing a Triple Crown Turf series for both Colts/Fillies.

I think it is a great idea for 6 races already on the ledger, that didn't need much more money influence anyway.

Come on New York horse race enthusiasts. Create the interest and back this needed turf race influence into everything that is known as American turf horse racing.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...os-3yo-fillies

Which 6 races are you referring to as having already been on the ledger? 4 of these are newly created.

I do appreciate a continuance of events, but if you're going to make a triple anything I think it'd be cool if tracks could work together with possibly arranging a bonus for races already on the schedule. A Penn Mile - Belmont Derby (shorten to 9f?) - Secretariat triple would've been a nice progression for already established races. With everything at one location I worry about competition thinning out through the series.

Also anything that brings major 3yo only races to the fall continues to aggravate. I know that's just the racing world we're in now, but by September it'd be nice if we saw 3yo's stepping up to face older.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)