Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: NHL 2016-17
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 09:07 PM   #198
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ovi also should get points for durability. That has to count for something.
Absolutely, i don’t ever recall Ovechkin ever having a concussion, or any other major injury for that matter. Durability goes a long way in the NHL and definitely counts for something, a player isn’t worth a whole lot when he is sitting on the shelf.

You can’t really fault Sid for his original concussion (mind you he was admiring his pass), that hit from David Steckel was dirty in my opinion, and could have been avoided. I wasn’t too pleased when the Leafs signed Steckel, he was a POS in my books. Anyway, it was later revealed that Sid had suffered fractures to two vertebrae in his neck.

Once you receive a concussion, you are considered “damaged goods”, and there is a very good chance that it will rear its ugly head again. Patrik Laine falls under this category now, and this will be something that he will have to deal with for the rest of his career.

The fact that Ovechkin has avoided such injuries is impressive, especially since he doesn’t shy away from the physical game. At the end of the day it comes down to not putting yourself in a vulnerable situation.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)