Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #70
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Gentlemen, last night after posting, I spent time watching videos on YouTube of Tillerson delivering keynote addresses and being interviewed by the likes of journalist, Charlie Rose and others. Throughout these, again, I noted this man's demeanor, and one of his outstanding skillsets, the ability of listen. This ability, to be a good listener--for the purpose of learning, as opposed to only the need to quickly engage, to respond or rebuke. .... I noticed, yesterday, how many times Marco Rubio interrupted Tillerson, or worse, talked over him while he tried to speak. Shutting down the dialogue, back to Rubio. This morning I also spent time searching new reports on his performance in yesterday's hearing, and other activities while Chairman/CEO of Exxon Mobil.

The first thing of obvious note was the bias at the Washington Post. With the understanding that the piece linked by NJSt. was an OPINION/EDITORIAL one. This type of reporting is wrought with the bias of one person. However, all the publication is biased--fact based or not.

Here's a piece different from the one NJ linked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...xperience/5876

Another piece from NYT. This one told, without flagrant bias, the actual proceeding. Still, I'm aware the Times isn't found favorable with you all either. Perhaps, though, it's more on point than the WP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/u...-hearings.html

Bear with me, gentlemen, please. This one gives background into Tillerson's relationship with Russia as Chairman of ExxonMobil. It delves into the guts of the work undertaken particularly during the time Russia and his company struck, probably, the biggest deal in the history of the world. The billions ExxonMobil will derive. This includes information prior to the sanctions being leveled towards Russia with notes of changes after 2014.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/w...-of-state.html

I stand by what I said, yesterday and last night, and I hope he is confirmed. I believe, as an engineer by trade, as he indicated, he prefers to have facts in front of him. He had next to none. I can handle this, as opposed to opinion. Winging it, to tell a bunch of suits (elected or not) what they want to hear for the purpose of being hired for the job. .... It ain't like this man needs the money when he was presented with a 180 million exit package that brings his assets in ExxonMobil, alone, to 245 million.

I have to end this with admitting. I loathe Donald Trump. He speaks of women like the pig that he is. He mocked a man with disabilites, again, like the pig that he is. (I'll never forgive this one--good thing he wasn't my son. Good thing I wasn't in attendance.) I may soften with his policies, if he does a good job as president. We'll see. I just want, Mr.IKnowThings to have the best people in the country surrounding him.

At this point, to tell the honest truth, he reminds me, more than anything else, of a damn goat herder. His charges, Donald, Ivannka, Jared, and Eric, trailing behind him everywhere he goes, 24/7/365. .... Not a one of us elected (by proxy) four goats for the office of President of the United States. I hope they can keep from eating the furniture and soiling the White House carpets.
What's with the constant announcements to the "gentlemen"? There are women here too.

Trump didn't mock the disabled journalist. He's used similar gestures talking about a number of other people as well as himself when they are flustered. Google it. You'll see the videos yourself. And quit worrying about the nonsense about how he supposedly treats women bad. He doesn't. He hired the first woman to oversee construction of a skyscraper. He hires many women in important positions and pays them well. It's also nonsense to call his bright, accomplished, and seemingly decent children goats. There's nothing wrong with family loyalty.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)