Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:13 PM   #9
Wonderlander
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Almost every track is shown in contractual preference/obligation.

Some of these contracts run up to 3 even 4 years. They also inherited a bunch of deals from HRTV.

Also not to rude but your examples suck. Gulfstream is the premier track in the country for 25% of the year. So they should probably give them preference over Monmouth which is in 2016 not really doing well.

Yeah and Golden Gate is better racing than Emerald. They're also owned by the guy who owns Samta Anita and Gulfstream so I'm pretty sure they have some negotiating power over a track in Seattle that runs a third of the year.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your angle. Basically the exchange is open to like 5% of their customers. So they should say screw our contracts and screw 95% of their customers? That's a better way to run the business?
Stronic owns those tracks and wants nothing to do with the exchange yet his tracks are put on over BF tracks. Im trying to wrap my head around a company who is trying to grow a product and own the televising site...yet is not getting there own tracks shown on the live televising channel. Yes maybe they have contracts i dont know about. Maybe they make more money showing B meet at Gulf stream over Monmouth its possible. I just find it very interesting. BF has lots of money. They can do what they want.. why not take control of there televising network. I guess its because they would make less money showing the tracks they are advertising on the exchange as you so bluntly expressed. I guess you also feel showing a post parade, is more important than showing a live race? that will also help promote the new product...lmao
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement