Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #6
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
To my understanding BF owns TVG.. Yet the tracks BF carried are not covered over tracks BF does not have on the exchange on the two TVG streams. For example TVG will choose to show Gulf stream B meet.. over Monmouth... Or they will hardly cover a race at Emerald(ON BF) if a track like Golden Gate is going at the same time (NOT ON BF). Or they will show a post parade and go on tape delay to the track on BF.. Now its interesting to me with all the advertising they are doing promoting the exchange and in running.. IN NJ! That TVG does not make an effort the show the tracks covered on BF!! (What they are advertising!!..) Now not sure if BF makes the decisions as to what is taken priority to be shown live.. But it is quite baffling to see.
Almost every track is shown in contractual preference/obligation.

Some of these contracts run up to 3 even 4 years. They also inherited a bunch of deals from HRTV.

Also not to rude but your examples suck. Gulfstream is the premier track in the country for 25% of the year. So they should probably give them preference over Monmouth which is in 2016 not really doing well.

Yeah and Golden Gate is better racing than Emerald. They're also owned by the guy who owns Samta Anita and Gulfstream so I'm pretty sure they have some negotiating power over a track in Seattle that runs a third of the year.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your angle. Basically the exchange is open to like 5% of their customers. So they should say screw our contracts and screw 95% of their customers? That's a better way to run the business?
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)