Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
To my understanding BF owns TVG.. Yet the tracks BF carried are not covered over tracks BF does not have on the exchange on the two TVG streams. For example TVG will choose to show Gulf stream B meet.. over Monmouth... Or they will hardly cover a race at Emerald(ON BF) if a track like Golden Gate is going at the same time (NOT ON BF). Or they will show a post parade and go on tape delay to the track on BF.. Now its interesting to me with all the advertising they are doing promoting the exchange and in running.. IN NJ! That TVG does not make an effort the show the tracks covered on BF!! (What they are advertising!!..) Now not sure if BF makes the decisions as to what is taken priority to be shown live.. But it is quite baffling to see.
It is baffling sometimes but part of it is contractual, and I believe they also give preference to the tracks that generate the most business for them. You said that they'll show Gulfstream B meet over Monmouth. I don't know what the Gulfstream handle is right now, but I know that the Gulfstream winter meet set an all time record for handle with a sensational average of $860,000 per race. And Monmouth is pretty much a B meet, too, so it's not like they have that much of an advantage.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)