Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #8
OverlayHunter

Thaskalos and Nitro, you both make valid points and, to be sure, there will be different hierarchies for different races with various factors being more important in one race versus another.

For me, at least, I think there is a lot of value in being able to identify a core group of values that will be influential in a wide variety of races (even though they may vary in importance from race to race) to help zero in on at least the top 2 favorites and where their final odds are likely to end up.

I believe that most handicappers who play regularly develop an intuitive sense of that (as I do) but I'm hoping to sharpen my skills (get closer to the final odds more often before making my wagers), perhaps by learning from others about factors that they use that I don't consider often enough (or at all), or with a large enough emphasis.
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)