Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 05:18 PM   #20
Bustin Stones

"You are the one person in this forum who shot down the usable solution. You want the game to succeed, you eliminate rebates, you have a 8 percent wps take, a 10 percent double and exacta takeout, a 15 percent takeout on every other exotic. Penny breakage would help a lot but is less important. If the current system won’t allow then you amend it. If the whales won’t go for it then tough shit, because they ultimately aren’t going to have anybody to bet against anyhow. So better that they sacrifice now than later." By Poindexter

I contend that you could eliminate the takeout and racing would not compete with other forms of gambling. When racing was a success it was marketed as a sporting event. Folks did not come to the track hoping to quit their job and earn a living there. This is why I say that the serious handicappers who contribute to these threads have an agenda that doesn't reflect the average slob who wants to forget that job he hates for an afternoon and be entertained. The army of people sitting and watching from home won't save the sport. It's only because when we go to the track we spend half our time staring at monitors because the live racing is too slow. The pace is straight out of the 40's. People want action when they're being entertained. And maybe i'm the only person in here that thinks that means something. But, this is the "idea meeting" and we should be discussing anything no matter how far fetched.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)