Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #10
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
No I disagree with this. A purse money only situation would be if there was a dual entry and one of the horses got scratched before the race. Then in that case the entry runs for purse money only. In a gate malfunction type situation or an unfair start then that horse would be declared a non starter with no shot at purse money even if the horse completed the race. This happened not so long ago at Kentucky Downs where an entire race was refunded because all the horses were not loaded into the gate before the race started. All bets refunded and zero purse money distributed.
The chart was confusing on this point and I assume it is flat out wrong in some way, but I don't know how.
The horse in question finished 2nd in an 11 race field. According to the chart 2nd place money was not awarded to anyone, but they still paid out to 11 places

This is according to BRIS chart.
Edit: on second thought they did not pay second place, and only paid 10 spots.

~Alan Watts

Last edited by therussmeister; 10-12-2020 at 10:02 PM.
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)