Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #60
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
As someone who runs an night shift at an OTB in California, I can tell you that this sound issue has driven me nuts over the years. Same thing for us. At first I thought it was just the facility I worked at but after working at 4 different ones it is the same. For the night signal, Los Al, Cal Expo, Running Aces are all very difficult to hear. Australia is the blast o matic. Same with Meadowlands, very loud. Pocono Downs is loud. I have always wondered why this is and it must just be Roberts that is having the issue. As someone else mentioned this is such an easy fix. I have called Roberts in the past about this but got the feeling I was talking with someone who had no way of correcting the issue.
I spoke with some professional tv audio friends. They said Rogers probably just takes in the feeds and then redistrubtes them. The problem is that there is no industry standard for internet audio the way there is for broadcast audio. The levels depend on the type of studio that sends out the feed. An in-house semi/pro studio might send out a signal that is not broadcast standard.

Until there is an internet standard it will continue to be the Wild West.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.