Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #48
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Several years ago Scanman (Tom) "planted" the idea of getting me to accompany him on one of these world-wide racing trips. I had a number of reasons why it was unlikely, and assessed the chances at that time to be 1%. Now chances are still low at about 5%, but likely to increase as time goes by.

Several years ago he made a "dream" trip to Australia where he was able to get in 25 new thoroughbred tracks within a 28-day period. Simply amazing, and not remotely possible here in the US because of timing and distance between tracks.

A few years ago, I and my other track collecting friend Gary (who is not a forum member) were able to meet up with Tom for a day of races at White Pine Raceway (aka Ely) in Nevada. We happened to run into a reporter, and were interviewed by the local newspaper and had our picture taken.

Although we have a significant number of "common" tracks visited, it was pretty neat having 3 guys together who had such high track collecting totals. At the time we did not think about coming up with a grand total for the 3 of us, but it had to be something around 575, with Tom leading the way at around 330.
Cheers, Chris. Congrats on your latest trip. Yeah, one of these days I'll get you to "cross the pond". I'll look forward to hearing about Century Downs next time we talk.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)