Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Stephen Foster - Gr1

Featuring the return of Gun Runner, back from his Dubai trip and excellent 2nd place finish to the king of dirt racing, Arrogate.
He will be formidable...working steadily over a track he loves. Gives at least 5lbs to everyone in the field.

I will take a shot at beating them all with the Honorable Duty, who is as honest as the day is long...he's ALWAYS there & has a stellar record on fast dirt and at CD. Trainer is kicking ass this meet, will get a good pace to shoot at, has Javier in for the ride, his best can compete with anyone in this field. If GR doesn't bring his A-Game this guy can win it. Has been more tractable since the hood came off four races ago, and he'll need that tonight.
6-1 ML probably will not hold up. Expect more like 4-1 at post time.

He hung a bit in his last off his lifetime best BRIS figure. The timing is right for him to run back to that FG number. Can get a nice inside stalking trip & switch out when the time is right. The may get going up front and set the table for his move.

Who ya' got?

**on a side note, it is great to see an old favorite trainer of mine, Wesley Hawley, with an entrant in this Gr1. He has run a SOLID outfit at FG and surrounding tracks for many years.... Hawaakom looks to be in a bit over his head against these, but maybe can grab a small slice if this pace gets too hot. I'll be rooting for you Wesley

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 06-17-2017 at 12:07 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)