Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #49
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Just because I am not bowing down and kissing your ass, oh great one,you think it's a "waste of time"? I am not trying to reason with you. I am merely asking legit questions. Some to which you can't answer without spinning. I can see in my last post (by your post) that I raised a question you can't answer.
Sure, tell us you gave all this information to these trainers and that they agree with you. Well, gee, I had lunch last week with Shug, Phipps and Janney and they informed me of the agenda they are up to.
BTW, do you seriously think that we are going to believe that these trainers are actually coming to you and asking you questions about mud calks and horse shoes???? What Graded races have beaten them in to make them worship your theories???
In all niceness and with respect... I dont expect ANYONE to bow and kiss, etc.. I've ALWAYS tried to be factual with my posts.. (read The Little Guy's post here).. he knows who I am and my thoroughness in this subject.
I have been on the OTB show from Saratoga giving my (and others) opinions of why shoes are effective and the theories behind those opinions. I didn't ask to be on the show.. they asked me.. and they ask me to return each year which I have declined. I try to back my theories up with stats.. and if you didnt know I had these stats (like several trainers have, one saying to me he KNOWS how deadly mud calks are) then you would be arguing till no end.. but I back up what I say, as I often try to do. This, in a game where people readily voice OPINION as fact.
I routinely speak to trainers every racing day.. and when guys are first starting out, they have sought my opinion on this. Chad Brown, a former Frankel assistant who had a good SPA meet, is a young man just starting on his own. He wants to win. He wants to give himself every edge he can, withoout jeopardizing his horses health, so he asked.
This summer at Saratoga, he introduced himself and we started talking.
He has seen me looking at horses every day, and noting equiptment. He asked me about mud calks and their effectiveness and risk.
I gave him my honest opinions. It's up to him if he ever wanted to try and use them. Is this story so far fetched????? The same took place with McLauglin and Pletcher when they first went out on their own. I dont see what the amazement is or why your skeptical. I dont look it like I'm a guru or anything, it's a small aspect of the sport. But in a game where sometimes inches can mean millions, the top trainers are curious.
Like I said... no big deal...
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)