Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherCAfan View Post
LA Times has their eye on this. .

This is another area where Horse Racing ( NTRA types) has not kept up. Using the internet for PRO_racing activism and political support has never been properly mobilized. I mentioned recently that the NTRA twitter feed has 14K followers. But some popular players have twice that.

However the anti-horse racing activists are well organized. Articles such as the one in the LA times today will be tweeted, emailed, faxed, and postal mailed to Congressman, State Reps, etc... screaming "DO SOMETHING".

Meanwhile the NTRA is focused on its sales commission from the Advantage Program.

This is from a prominent anti-racing group with muscle.

As the hand-wringing ratchets up out at Santa Anita, after three kills in two days (16 hours, actually), including the high-profile Battle of Midway, word comes of another training kill there this morning. Charmer John, two (I use actual ages), is today’s victim. I now count 19 dead at Santa Anita Park since January 1. 19.

Santa Anita, as with all tracks faced with kill-spikes (see Saratoga 2017), is in full damage-control mode. Floating various possible culprits – the weather?, the track surface? – SA and the CHRB are desperately trying to convince the masses that no stone will be left unturned in the pursuit of “equine safety.” Please. The truth, for those who truly want to know, is as plain as the nose on your face: Horseracing kills horses as a matter of course. Always has. Always will.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement