Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:42 PM   #75
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Ok let me ask you this. With all the military hardware the government has, If they come for you, Do you really believe you and your Military rifle can stop them? You'd be dead in seconds. Another thing, why would your government attack its own people? Do you see another civil war coming?
This thread got really heated. I have posted this before and will do so again. Don’t own a gun, never owned a gun, never feared a gun. Would less people get killed if there were less guns, of course. But there is a trade off. While you can argue that if the govt came calling on someone who has a gun they would overpower him, they are very limited on what they can do when millions have guns. The US has been a great country most of my life. Cannot say that anymore. Now it is all about bigger and bigger government. The people in power in this country do not care about the people in this country. They care about wealth and power and big govt. is their ticket to both.

Covid was a glaring example of this but honestly just about everything they do these days has me far more concerned about authoritarianism then some clown with a gun shooting me. It is not about government wanting to attack its own people, it is about government imposing their will on a free people. Anybody with too much power is a potential danger too everybody.

I am not sure how a thread involving a French leader abusing his power to change the laws in France and thus causing protests evolved into your post but this has been a curious discussion.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)