Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Remember When
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 07:02 PM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
My early memories of live Major League Baseball was seeing the Houston Colt .45s, who later became the Astros. The biggest name opponent I recall was Frank Robinson.

The Astros would later have some great players who were mostly closing out their careers… Nellie Fox, Eddie Mathews, Joe Morgan. All were still incredible infielders. Fox was the best I ever saw at turning a double play.

You have a couple years on me, I had to look up the Colt 45's, I was like one in their only year. I do remember another team that only played one season the 1969 Seattle Pilots. They moved to Milwaukee and became the Brewers.
I lived in the Mojave desert in SoCal back then, they always pretty much made sure the Angles and Dodgers alternated home stands, there was no lacking for baseball on the TV or radio. They still are the California Angeles to me. I refuse to say Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Angels left Los Angeles for Anaheim in 1966 and have been there ever since on the same patch of ground.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)