Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Beverly Park
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 10:19 AM   #9
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Won Race 7 at CD yesterday for his 11th win of the year from 23 starts.
Even more amazing is that he's hit the road for (at least) 11 consecutive starts:

Lrl-CT-Mth-Btp-CD-Tdn-Btp-Del-Cnl-Tim and back to CD yesterday.
A true road warrior.

The 5yr old now has 21 wins from 40 lifetime starts.
Gotta love a throwback kinda horse like this guy.
They are so few and far between these days on the bigger circuits. I was at Monmouth on Sept 18 and Kathleen O'Connell won with this 6yo mare Free to Fly. Her record is 54-21-6-10. Even more amazing, since O'Connell got her in June 2021, she is 17-11-2-4. So 17 straight ITM for O'Connell, with 7 straight ITM before then.

I approached her assistant to say how amazed I was with this record, and the woman nearly started to cry out of joy and love for this mare. Cool experience.

Separately, along similar good feeling vibes (although in part triggered by a tragedy), if you can check out Mig's interviews with John Hanlon (aka the Shark), trainer of American Grand National winner Hewick at Far Hills yesterday. Post race- the more poignant one that to me also illustrates why I like hanging out in Irish bars with real Irish people- starts around 3:35.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)