Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 05:13 AM   #4
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
Mohawk Thursday April 1, 2021
Race 1 #8 Arrakis is the morning line favorite and rightfully so. He goes into the winning Richard Moreau barn off a claim in his last start. In his last start Arrakis was stalking the leader in the 3 hole when the front end was going at killing pace (-2.03) with a split of 3 secs and yet he managed to get 2nd by 4 lengths. A weak race at best. He went off as the even money favorite and claimed from the 2nd best trainer on the grounds who is no slouch either as a trainer. Arrakis moves from the 2 hole to the tough 8 hole and he is my first VF of the day. The 7/2 morning line favorite is the #2 Apostle Peter and for the life of me I can’t see him winning the race. A definite VF for me.

Race 2 #8 Bluemoon Bayama will be the hot favorite in here. He set a slow pace (+0.47) and prevailed. He is also going in the 8 hole from the favorable 5 hole last time out. I have often seen such horses stop in the stretch. A VF for me.

Race 1 The complexion of the race changed dramatically when #9 Montalbano Bi, who was expected to take the lead, made a break at the start of the race. #8 Arrakis went to the top and never looked back on the heavily biased track favoring the front runners.

Race 2 #8 Bluemoon Bayama was installed as the heavy favorite and got himself a 2 hole trip but had nothing left in the stretch to overtake the leader.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)