Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 02:01 AM   #7
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I think older females have gotten tougher the last decade or, maybe its just me, but I think that is the toughest class year in year out.

I understand historic, I just dont know where that puts here in terms of being remembered, if Justify was in the race, well yea, then it would be talked about. If not its like Beholder winning the Pacific Classic. Nice work, not sure it mean much, they certainly dont talk about the last filly winning the travers, since as you said it is historic.
No filly has tried in nearly 40 years. Davona Dale and Chris Evert in the 1970s were the last two I think.

I don't think anyone talks about horses that ran over 100 years ago, but they especially wouldn't with Travers winner Lady Rotha, as she didn't actually win the race.

Another horse won the race by open lengths, but the filly was put up on a DQ, ironically enough (see some of your posts in the Wickerr thread)...for interference in the first furlong.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement