Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: numbers
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
jasperson

numbers

I have been hitting the Merlot so please excuse my errors in spelling and grammer. Handicapping is an art and not a science. Numbers help but it is how we put them together is important. Race par times is number and a average(or means dependent on how you calucate it ) but it it just a number. It is accurate average. I don't see a need for a range of numbers that make up par for the race. It is what it is. If a horse can run close to that number he is a contender on speed. Same for class and pace. If he can be a condender on pace,class and speed is there something that will cause him to be better or worse in this race? That is question handicapping has to answer. Too me that is the essence of handicapping. I am a numbers man but I don't think that a computer can do right now what the human brain can. Computer and numbers help, but they are not the complete answer and in the near future it don't think they will be.
Jack
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)