Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: RTN Online?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
edmond1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Ummm , the delay is at best a few seconds. And most of that is due to the longer trip the signal must make to get to the viewer.
BTW, C-Band services are almost non existent for consumer use. Most are commercial applications. Such as delivering raw feed to TV stations for editing and yes, for the simulcasting signals from horse tracks. However, the feeds seen at some shops are from Dish because it is just easier and more cost effective to install small dish antennae at say an OTB or other simulacast shop rather then several 5 to 10 foot C-Band antennae.
I understand the need for some bettors to be able to "press the send button" at the last nanno second. I have a solution. Bet 5 seconds earlier. Or bet before the last horse is loaded.
5 seconds gives plenty of time for a person betting live at the track to modify/cancel bets if a horse acts up unfavorably at the gate or if a standardbred goes off stride steps before the start. When delay was only 2 seconds before (C-Band signal) the advantage wasn't as dramatic. Since the change to DN I have witnessed endless number of frustrated people getting shut out. Many I know now don't even bother to try to bet anymore if horses are loading into the gate. I once sat near a couple of young people new to the game that smashed a monitor in frustration after getting shut out and quickly exited to the slots before commenting on how stupid people are to be subjected to this unnecessary delay.....
edmond1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)