Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #61
_______
Veteran

If I were assembling a draft list for people I thought would run deep into the primary season I’d start with Kirsten Gillibrand.

She is obviously running. Her hard disconnect with former mentors Bill and Hillary along with calling for her friend Al Franken to resign over sexual harassment charges tells me she is reading the temperature of the party base and positioning herself for a run.

I’d struggle whether to have Kamela Harris or Bernie Sanders as my 2nd pick but whomever I didn’t choose would be my 3rd choice with Joe Biden 4th.

Cory Booker 5th. Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren would have to be on the list somewhere.

As united as Democrats are in their opposition to Trump, they also face deep divisions over the direction of the party that aren’t going to be easily papered over. A Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to win but the question is how far they manage to drag the eventual nominee toward positions that aren’t going to win a general election.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement