Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #42
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Is there such a thing as a "profitable program" being sold out there...or is it the HORSEPLAYER who ultimately decides whether the operation will be "successful" or not? Can a losing player transform himself into a "winner" by using the "right" program...or are these programs best left in the hands of those who are already winning, and are looking to further pad their bottom lines?
I do not think that there exists such a thing like a "profitable program" if by this term you are referring to a black box spawning betting selections. Still, I am sure that the computer can definitely be used to implement several useful models that would have been impossible to evaluate by hand. These models include things like speed and pace figures, primitive handicapping factors, connection statistics etc.

I am not sure that a program can convert a looser to winner but I have no doubt that it can definitely improve his understanding of the game. Since I know you are a good poker player, you can think as an analogy the advantage a player has by using a hand range simulation when analyzing a specific hand or as another example you can think of the use of computers in the games of chess and backgammon...

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.