Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #20
Bennie

I remember as a kid , putting foil on my 10 inch tv to pick up gordon solie and crew on channel 47 or something like that. Got to see Bruno and Ivan Koloff in a steel cage at the garden, Andre the giant and the Iron shiek at my high school and met Ricky the Dragon steamboat and Big John Studd at the Meadowlands after they competed in the Plimpton celebrity harness race. I will never forget Big John Studd riding in the sulky, feet dragging the ground all the way around. Reminds me of the movie with Rodney Dangerfield when he was at the track. Been by but never in Tito Santana's hair salon in Jersey, girl I used to work with said her mother dated Bam Bam Bigelow and he was the sweetest. Also found out how many people are related in the sport. Leaping Lenny was Macho Man's brother, Domonic Denucchi was Bruno' cousin or something like that, George the Animal was Elizabeth's father and I think an english professor, and the list goes on and on. Was actually fun to watch years ago when they actually "wrestled" for most of the show, not like today where they have a 3 hour show and 2 hours are people talking crap. Oh where have you gone Chief Jay Strongbow, actually an Italian gentleman but one of my favorites.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)