Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 07:44 PM   #18
classhandicapper

There are quite a few very good books out there. So there's inevitably going to be some overlap between what I do and what's in some of those books, but I typically learn on my own.

I'd say the first time I read Steve Davidowitz's book and he talked about identifying weak and strong fields using Key Races opened my eyes a bit. But these days you need techniques to identify them BEFORE horses start coming back. James Quinn touches on some of that in his Class Handicapping book. IMO once horses start coming back it's too late. The value vanishes.

I'd say the putting more emphasis on closing times on turf came to my attention from James Quinn.

If I'm going to be honest, I think I've picked up more things on Paceadvantage from my discussions and debates here than I have from books. Sometimes it's not even some special insight. It can be a simple comment that makes me think about something in a new way.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)