Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
jay68802

I can give you a little different view. I have never been involved in training but our family have owned a few horses. The first trainer we had could not communicate to save his life. The only thing we ever heard was the horse was "doing well". We never had a say in how a horse should run in a race. The second trainer was the other way. Kept in touch with us, told us his thinking about the upcoming race, went out of his way to find us on race days. Asked what we thought about the race. We only had one horse that we were having a hard time with. Finally we sat down with the trainer and he asked what should we do? My cousin said we have tried every thing but sending to the lead, why not just send a pray. The trainer said he really did not train the horse that way but would give it a try. Horse ran a close second then won next out.

I can see the worry of loosing a large client. As owners we never wanted to put a trainer in that situation. And I have to say, am sorry you might be in that situation. I would sit down and just hash it out, maybe they are seeing something you are not, or maybe they are missing something that you see. Either way, voice your concerns about what you see with the horse and not wanting to loose them as a client. Just the fact you would be willing to have a conversation about this should help. Things that go unsaid tend to be the things that end relationships. That last thing is the thing I am very familiar with.

Good luck.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)