Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #3
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

I've spent about a week looking for this. Software exists that includes Hong Kong racing (BetSelector, Ratings2win, GTX, QuickHorse, etc.), but none take the unique nature of Hong Kong racing into account.

DrHuang is a tote board monitoring software. There are better solutions than it (At the Races for one).

The only software that appears to be exclusively for Hong Kong is RaceMate, and it's been around for over 20 years. I've found articles referencing it from before 2004. Unfortunately, their site doesn't look like it's been updated since 2011, four phone calls on separate days during their business hours have hit an answering machine, and two emails sent to them days ago haven't been answered. They're either out of business or not taking care of business.

I can understand why there isn't any software. The betting syndicates certainly aren't going to give theirs away, and there's a wealth of information for free on the Hong Kong Jockey Club site. The problems with that is that the information io available to everybody, and it takes a lot of navigation to get to it all. I'm probably going to hire somebody to write an interface that pulls all of that data from the site and puts it into various tabs to make it easy to use. Or I may finally teach myself how to program in Excel or some programming language and do it myself.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement