Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
iceknight

Noob question about changing leads

Whenever I read about horses that do not change leads or change to the wrong lead, I wonder if this is a huge factor.. or if this is something that needs to be viewed from the angle of viewing tennis players who are right handed person vs left handed.

What I mean is... is there necessarily one "correct lead" or is it dependent on the horse?

For e.g. I watched Arazi (1991 BC juvenile) and the comments/story is that he is on the 'wrong lead" (Durkin @1:20) in the stretch, but still wins easily.

I read about Revolutionary and also watch the video , that the horse sometimes changes back to the "left lead". Does this happen at ~ 0:28

I am trying to figure out if this tendency for a horse to change or not change at the right time is a big factor...

Also, if anyone remembers any previous discussions or a book, please provide the link, thank you (my search shows up too many threads)!!

Last edited by iceknight; 04-30-2013 at 06:13 PM.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)