Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
Gakiss2
Data Warbucks

Race Lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I have an idea for a new angle and was wondering how many races I would need to validate it?
Not really an answer to your question but maybe a different way to approach it. If you subscribe to Race Lens they have a feature where you can evaluate the ROI of a custom angle. I don't know how many races they use but I think its relatively safe to assume it is a lot. I know they also provide a 'strength' factor which tells you how statistically sound the result is. I know a little about statistics, not a lot, but I'm pretty sure the results are more statistically sound when you have more data.

The downside is that your angle has to be expressed in terms of the characteristics they provide and you have to rely on their data. On both fronts though they don't skimp. You would have to take a look yourself for detail but I recall a LOT of options to choose from such as layoff time, class moves, trainer changes, horse coming off a win, and lots more. I haven't heard of any reason not to trust their data. Their site has a lot of cool features and its worth the price of admission to at least look around at what they have put together.

And tell them Gakiss2 sent ya! Just kidding, they wouldn't know who I am.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)