Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #59
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I have no use for turf speed figures. I use class and third fractions. And riders. And routes only - turf sprints are for people who want to shoot themselves and can't find a gun. And overall, turf these days is far less attractive than it used to be because it gets overused. Used to be we had fewer turf races and only the better horses ran on it. Now, they put any crap on the grass. I used to love NYRA turf races - today, avoid it like the plague.

Trouble with figs on turf or dirt is that people mistake bad horses for bad figures. Most horse are crap, really. Can't run two in a row and need lots of time off. Add to that that we have crappy races being written at most tracks......you have 30 reasons why a horse is a POS and everyone blames the one good thing about him - that lone fig he ran on drugs one day.

When a horse hasn't run in over 90 days, how can you have any faith in its fitness? I assume he could not stand up in his stall for 60 of them.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)