Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 01:23 AM   #48
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Kindly refrain from telling me what or what-not to do. Besides I naturally would take any advice from you with a grain of salt.
ABSOLUTELY NONE my comments reflect a personal insult of any sort.

I’m not sure what you mean by basing my comments on “alleged handicapping superiority”. You seem to have TOTALLY missed the point: I DON”T HANDICAP AT ALL!. The references I mentioned are not my words. They just happened to be quoted from 2 individuals that I personally believe have superior credibility in this game.

I’m also a bit confused by your correlation to my mentioning your name and what that has to do with the strength of my position. (Although let me warn you I did eat my Wheates this morning). Please don’t get carried away with those thoughts of grandeur, because I only inserted your name because of the inference YOU made to my knowledge of applying speed figures.

you should just live and let live.
mr pittsburgh is from another era.
it's irrelevant.

there is no denying that the odds tell a story, but they are just the same as anything else, they're not always right.
as far as time goes, there is no way it is the be all of it, it's just another factor.
similarly, neither is the tote board.

that you may win using ONLY the tote board is no different to somebody that may win using ONLY time.

i dunno anything about benter, but i am sure he would have people that did time for him, and it would have been a significant part of his models.
and the tote board too.
that puts him, and others like him, above those that just use the board or time.

i think cj has it right, if time does not interest you them keep away from the thread.
personally i think time is a fascinating subject, and the tote board holds no interest for me, primarily because I am better at time than i am at reading tote boards.

one last word....if you know more about time than me, you must be bloody rich!
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)