Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #5225
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
As I said, you don't understand the grand concept of grace. You're confusing biblical Christianity with other world religions whereby God becomes indebted to his people for their good works. God owes the do-gooders their wages. In that scheme there is a quid pro quo arrangement.

To understand how grace works study Paul's conversion experience in Acts 9. See if you can find the "business arrangement" you talk about in that chapter.
My bible-reading days are far behind me. There was so much violence depicted there that I thought I was reading the Quran. The biblical God speaks of "grace" with one breath...and with the NEXT breath, he instructs his followers to "bash the skulls of the infants against the rocks". If I want horror...I'd rather pick up a Stephen King novel.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)