Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 06:09 PM   #29
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I think part of the difference in the Belmont between Beyer and TimeformUS is that my speed charts are much newer than what Beyer uses. My times that equate races at, for example, 6f and 1 1/2 miles, probably look a lot different than those Beyer uses.

His charts were created in the 70s I'm guessing when horses were much better at the longer distances than they are now. Mine were created less than 10 years ago and get adjusted every two years. His are probably better historically, i.e. better for comparing Belmont winner from 1985 to one from 2022. Mine are probably better for comparing horses that are going to race against each other a month from now.

This was a long-winded way of saying our charts are probably very similar at sprint distances and start to differ at two turns, the longer the race the bigger the difference.
I think you are correct. The charts are different as the races stretch out. That accounts for some of it. But he has tweaked them quite a bit since the work he published decades ago.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most