Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Presque Isle
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #3
BMustang

Presque Isle Downs is a well-kept simulcast horseplayers dream secret.

For years I made an annual trip to Saratoga via Presque Isle, and now simply go to Presque Isle for a couple of weeks. They have the standard race book area, which in fact is not very nice, but the secret is to go to the second floor and play the simulcast races in the restaurant. Because PID runs live late in the afternoon, you literally have the place to yourself, with a plethora of TVs, self-betting machines, and often a live teller.

The waitresses are friendly but not over-bearing, and they have a well rounded menu of snacks and sandwiches, plus bezillion draft beers to choose from.

Hotels in the area are dirt cheap and there are plenty of eateries on the two Erie Pa exits off of Interstate 90. There are also some wonderful Italian restaurants "downtown", about fifteen minutes away.

I highly recommend it. My normal day is an afternoon of simulcast wagering, followed by the PID Daily Double, Pick 3 and early Pick 4, then its off to dinner, if I have not had it at the track.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)