Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #5415
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Every so often I try to provide an alternative to your literal knee-jerk nonsense, and perhaps give Actor more than just your silliness. One of the advantages to studying many religions and being Jewish is a metaphorical view

But it always ends the same way. You totally discard the non-literal and once again have no answer to secular scholars.

Maybe later
Why do I need secular scholars to have a personal relationship with my Creator and Redeemer? I answer to God, not to secular scholars!

You sooooooo miss the the entire point to God sending Jesus into this world. He didn't send Him to give mankind a new religion! And you keep preaching to me how I mistake the map (religion in your case) for the territory (the real reason Jesus came into this world. He sent Jesus to lay down his very life and take it up again so that He could then freely justify undeserving sinners and save them from ever suffering the Second Death. Jesus who knew no sin became sin for his Father's people, having all the sins of the Father's elect laid upon Him, and this imputation of sin upon Him became the judicial grounds upon which the Father was able to act graciously by forgiving sin and freeing his people from the power of sin.

The Great mystery of the Gospel and its Profound Paradox is that God first had to execute the penalty for sin (capital punishment) BEFORE he could forgive sin and save anyone. God did not lay aside his righteousness/justice and just give a wink-wink to sin, as though sin was not very big deal. God was in Christ paying his own prescribed penalty of his own Law on behalf of rebellious, law-breakers!

There is no other religion in this dark world that even comes close to teaching what I just laid out for you above. The warp 'n' woof to biblical Christianity is that scripture teaches that God condescends and reaches out to man even though all men are his natural born enemies. This stands in sharp contrast to all other religions which essentially teach what man must do to win favor with God.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most