Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #4373
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Volta had a bad day today, but it still has risen to $2.46 since I wrote this. I'm feeling good about it in the long run.

You have to ask yourself the question of how much meat is going to be left on the bone after the utility companies take their cut.

Replace big oil with utility companies and you essentially have the business model.

We know that gas stations have to sell you soda, chips and really questionable corn dogs to stay afloat. Is Volta doing that?

Even though gas stations make fractions of a cent on the gas they sell, how many customers can they serve simultaneously? How about in an hour? How many people can a charging station serve at a time? How many different cars can it serve in an hour?

Lastly equipment. Ask any fuel gas station owner and they will tell you replacing equipment is dead straight expensive. They will appreciate that it only has to be done every decade or so.

How often does Volta expect to have to change equipment given the constant innovation in this space? Hell will they even be able to serve every type of electric car on the road? If not you're essentially selling diesel when all the cars going by run on gasoline.

Sorry this one is a no from me dawg.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement