Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

This is the only thing I have a problem with:

He posted them for sale on the internet, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office.

I forget all the instances, as it has been 12 years and a half dozen or so concussions ago but California which piles more regulations on top of the federal ones, has banned more refrigerants than you can shake a stick at.

The problem is sometimes there is not a new direct replacement refrigerant so the item whether it be a home AC, vehicle AC, home or commercial
refrigerator if it needs that refrigerant it is now scrap metal. The incapability usually is tied to the operating pressure. I am sure if it was a large expensive item someone could convert it over but it would not be cheap.

The deal is California will usually be the first to ban something so you could drive into AZ or NV and bring back what you need. Of course installing it is an illegal act.

I am on the fence with this guy, obviously with 13 counts he is over charged.
If he smuggled it for his own use or for friends and family, no problem. My issue is him selling it for a profit.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.