Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Past posting
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:25 AM   #39
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I very much doubt they have someone in the mutuels department submitting their wagers for them prior to hitting the close switch when the race starts.

They don't even need that. Also, it wouldn't be anywhere near as efficient enough for them.

These wagers are calculated at the very last possible moment...how they gonna get that info to their "mutuels mole" in time?

No...what happens is this, most likely (or some variant thereof):

These really smart people have either people working for them who watch the racing feeds or maybe they even have computers monitoring the feeds somehow...who knows at this point how advanced they've gotten...

They know exactly at what point they have enough time left to compute which horses to bet, which pools to bet, and how much to bet, create the batch file or whatever and submit the bets into whatever ADW they are using (probably their own private ADW...again I don't know for sure the exact mechanisms they are using, but it doesn't really matter).

The point is, they have everything figured out. The most basic of all of this is when to push the button to figure out the bets and have them submitted at the last second.

It's not too hard to figure out that you have X seconds remaining after X many of horses are loaded into the gate.

Do they ever get shut out? I'm guessing they probably do...nothing is perfect.

But this is as close as you're gonna get.
fwiw I never said mutuel departments were placing wagers for them, rather implied that their bets were accepted into the pools as long as they were in a betting queue or batch. Probably a contract between the track and the syndicate that all wagers in the queue accepted. Might be wrong but to prove differently would mean the tracks open up their wagering records. Show us, or someone that represents the horseplayers, what is really going on that is causing the late odd swings.

I don't believe past posting is occurring in these situations.

I do believe that a host track's betting records will show that wagers are time stamped properly as to being placed prior to, or at the very last instant, the pools being closed. Likely down to fractions of a second on the time stamp.

I also believe that if race tracks opened their pari-mutuel books or wagering records they will consistently show that most every dime of "late money" is from the same source or sources. Not only in win pools, like the one from the Keeneland race in this example, but every pool, vertical or horizontal. These guys like to cash exactas and pick 3s too.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.