Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
wholesale unleaded got to be something like $2.00 a gallon. i just filled up for $3.50 per gallon. a gas station must be pumping at least 5,000 gallons a day for an independent station. this is probably the last hurrah for those gas stations. Electric cars are coming now, and they are coming fast.
Everything that I have read indicates that the residential infrastructure - the power grid itself - will simply not support a charge-from-home system without being rebuilt.

Apparently, only about 3-5 cars per 20 houses can charge overnight with what is currently supported. Considering that 20 houses equals about 35-50 cars, that would mean you'd get 1 charge every 10 days or so.

The alternative is to go to a local station and wait for 90 minutes while your car charges. Imagine the lines. Now add in the waiting-in-line-time. And can't make an appointment because you need your car to go to work.

Worst par: The bottleneck is on a street-by-street basis, centered around replacing ALL the residential transformers.

Quote:
i ordered this thing a month ago and i am supposed to get it in July.. my property has a 5 car garage and 12 open spots. i am going to also install EV charging outlets and try to get money for it while they park their cars there. i am the only one in my neighborhood that has the space to do this.
Subject to the local power grid's maximums.

PS: 110 takes twice as long to charge as 220.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 04-17-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)