Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
GMB@BP

1/13/18 LeComte Stakes, 8.5F, Fairgrounds

DRF Chart - http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRaces...=20180113&RN=9

Timeform Figures 1/4-133 1/2-129 3/4-115 Final Fig-119

Analysis - Instilled Regard: Colt has always been very highly thought of from the Hollendorfer barn and since stretching out to two turns has not been a dissappointment. Over a million dollar purchase with Phipps family breeding in his pedigree he is supposed to be good at what he is doing. He was very unlucky to lose the Los Al Futurity against two top class foes and showed how strong that race was (McKinzie also won out of it). This race sports a very solid pace of 129-115 for the middle portions of the race, and held together for a final of 119. Instilled Regard earned a pace adjusted 118. He was never too far off it but showed a nice stalking ability. Took over at the quearter pole and finished nicely. This was easily the best prep race to date and this is a top contender so far for the Derby. No real knocks on this effort.

Principe Guilherme: The favorite in this race had always made easy work of his foes, today he was challenged into the first turn, forced to take back, still finished well to be second best. I think this was a solid effort for solid connections and should he show up in a race where Instilled Regard is not in he should have a great shot to win. Lesser colts when asked to do new things often do not run, this horse did. I would continue to view this horse as a contender.

Snapper Sinclair: This horse is the value coming out of this race. He set legit fractions and held right to the end only beaten a few lengths. While the fractions are not coded red, the pace was fast, but so was the finish, with that in mind this horse ran a super race. I am not sure he can beat the top one but I think he offers value in the next race and would love to see him avoid the top one.

Zing Zang: I always view a horse like this suspect, the pace was fast and he closed strongly to look like he was just running out of ground. I suspect he will continue to show that with strong paces but will likely be overbet off this.

A horse I am going to look for coming out of this in say an Alw race is Zeke, he made a bit of a middle move, got shuffled and then tired. He is not Grade stakes level but I thought his trip was a bit hidden and against lesser foes may win at a price.

Race Replay

Attached Images
File Type: png lecomte.png (124.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by cj; 02-01-2018 at 11:53 AM.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)