Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #3
mountainman

No desire to intrude on question aimed at Vic, but those familiar with Leon have seen these antics tons of times. In seeking to impede or discourage rival horses and jocks, Sonny can contort himself into positions astride his mount that truly defy gravity. No disrespect, I am a fan of his and very friendly with his agent, but Leon saying this resulted from saddle slippage is akin to Dillinger claiming he was merely compensating for broken bank vaults.

Admittedly, I watched the race just twice, and gave the head-on only a cursory look, but did get the impression the incident took root when Leon began steering into a perhaps ill-advised effort to counter the third finisher. Also, I wonder had Sonny NOT been quite as intent on putting his mount as close as possible to HRC, if the winner would have responded quite that gamely to negate Rich Strike's momentum.

Last edited by mountainman; 10-04-2022 at 10:31 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)