Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #9
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly View Post
Great thread. I enjoyed reading the history and memories from everyone.

I went to college in upstate NY and had my first job in the southern tier. But that job had me traveling up to and including Syracuse, Rochester and Batavia. I stopped just short of Buffalo. I have driven past Finger Lakes track multiple times, but I only stopped in once, many many moons ago. I barely remember anything at all. And it's obviously changed since then. Back then I was really work-focused, so I never relaxed during the week. A foolish waste of youth, in hindsight.

I have never enjoyed driving the NY State Thruway, but my E-Pass from Florida does work for the tolls in NY, so at least I can sail through the turnstiles. Or drive through them. I don't know if they are now high speed no-stop toll stations like Florida - probably not.

I have not been back to upstate NY in many moons. This trip will be a culinary and past memories homage. I love upstate NY - in the summer. Italian food, Spiedies, German food, Beef on Kimmel, Concord Grape Pie. And Pizza. New York knows how to make great Pizza. I will visit my former college and old stomping ground, with a definite visit to Finger Lakes Track. Can't wait.
Spiedies are the best! Wegmans sells the state fair Spiedie marinade here in Northern Virginia!
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement