Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 01:02 AM   #10
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
...Now maybe this story is akin to Michael Gill having once paid some Vet to saw the leg off of a dead horse... but the location of a farm (known or unknown) is way down the list on the grand scale of prominent "red flags".
Agree. An unusual occurrence doesn't automatically translate to a red flag.

The winner, runner up, and 7th place finisher were claimed from an eleven horse field. $30K is pocket change for some people, and if you're an owner wanting some "action", this is a reasonable approach. I'd have to look over the PPs to understand the economic angle, but the rule that allows three claims doesn't seem out of line when you think about the "claiming game" and how that worked 25+ years ago. There used to be quite a bit of intrigue on the angles in play, and who was bluffing and what not, but that doesn't seem to be the case as much any longer.

My take away is that the contraction of the game and smaller field sizes brings up the issue of trying to protect the circuit from raiders who ship out of state. The competition between circuits will only increase from now on, but it's been there for many years.

All that being said, I have added these three horses to my watch list. I lead a boring life, and have the bandwidth, so why not keep an eye on things and look for those mysterious 20 point jump in Beyers?
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)