Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: IRAD ORTIZ
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profesor View Post
Strange ride by I Ortiz on the even money favorite in the 9th today, im pretty sure he knows that of the 4 previous turf races 2 were won wire to wire by a 28-1 and 11-1 shots and in the other turf races one winner was sitting 2nd and the other winner came from 3D, in the 9th race today he is riding the clear speed of the race #10, so what does the little EINSTEIN do he breaks really good but he decides that he is going to let 11 take the lead and he is going rate in 5th the 11 of course wins wire to wire and mr Ortiz plodds along for the show
Someone told me a long time ago. ((nobody has ever confused a jockey w/ smart)) it’s either that or they are playing games. Thoughts?
Thru the years....there have been several threads of THIS EXACT thing happening...not only by Irad....but others as well...ssssooooo the answer is...

a). He tried a new strategy on his own

b). The trainer/owner gave him instructions to do so...teaching to rate at betters expense ect...

c). there was a meeting (nefarious in nature) prior to the race in the jockeys' room or on the side..

You'll never know which is accurate...all three things happen from time to time

My answer...pretty much quit betting most races...just stakes races...and then only those worth $250k or more....and even then you get some no efforts...but not as often...

Sad state of racing today....

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)